Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Alive again...

It has been more than a year that I have not published anything here in my personal blog. I have been preoccupied by several events that had happened this past year and I almost forgot that I have this site.

It was an Aha! moment for me yesterday when I remembered this site. It was through day 1 of my company's Life Balance Workshop that reminded me how much I miss writing.

There was so many realizations yesterday, on how my beliefs affect the way I do things and how we can be blinded by our beliefs. It is true that work life balance is hard to achieve but you need to understand first what life balance is for you, because there is no clear cut definition of what life balance it, it differs from one person to another.

But for me, life balance is to maintain 2 things: maintaining your work efficiency and maintaining your relationships outside your workplace. Such relationship includes your relationship to yourself (your "me time"), your God, your family and your friends.

Having worked in the stressful and pressure packed environment of multinational companies for the past 7 years, it was yesterday that I realized that life balance is a choice. You are the one who needs to choose to live as you want. You need to work efficiently so you can have more time after work. You choose how you spend your free time. You choose how often you can go to the gym or go out with friends. Balance is really how we dictate our life to be and how we make our choices.

The company can only do as much to maintain your life balance. The chunk of the responsibility is really in our hands. But I am very thankful that I now belong to a company that values nutrition and wellness and also the life balance that its employees needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment