Wednesday, August 3, 2016

VIRAL VIDEO : THE IRATE UNIT OWNER CONFRONTS CONDO TENANTS

This is a viral video that has been doing popping up in my Facebook feed this week. I do not usually share such videos in my blog, especially since it is exudes negative vibes - which I try to avoid. But what made me post this is that it occurred in one of the nearby condominiums where I live.


Based on what happened, here is my 2 cents worth:

1. I also live in a condominium managed by the same company as where this occurred - as a tenant for 7 years already. As I remembered, tenants are oriented on the rules and regulations of the condominium. Though we are not given a copy of the book, we know the rules and we do abide by the rules. I have observed several unit owners violating the rules aswell - so I do not see the point why he needed to discriminate the tenants.

2. I was quite offended by the fact that he said, "... anytimepwede kayo umalis, pwede kayo tumakbo..." As a tenant, we are required by the management to have a written, signed and notarized contract. This is law binding and for me, I follow the contract to the last detail. My unit owner and I have a good relationship - for 7 years and counting. I do not even provide post dated checks to her, I just deposit my rent to her account mothly - and I seldom fail to do so. It is unfair to generalize that all tenants run away from their unit owners.

3. As far as I know, in the common areas - the lobby, pool area, the gym and the function hall; you are free to take pictures since these are common and public areas. I do not remember any rule that prohibits anybody to take pictures on these areas, unless you intentionally take pictures of the units that are in the proximity or close to these areas.

4. There is a guard that was present during the confrontation (the guy in the black uniform that is trying to pacify the unit owner) but actually failed to control the situation. He should have brought the argument to the admin office and not in a public place. I think the guards still needs traning on situation control and management.

5. No one has a right to publicly humiliate someone irregardless of race, sex, social status or anything - period.

No comments:

Post a Comment