Monday, April 17, 2017

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED : 13 REASONS WHY - NETFLIX

During my nine day vacation over the holy week break, I took time to catch up on the series that I have been watching. While watching a few YouTube videos, I came across the trailer for Netflix series 13 Reasons Why. So I asked my sister about it and she said she had copies so I decided to watch the series.

The series was based on the novel Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and was released in 2007. It was about a high school girl who committed suicide. Before she did it, she was able to record tapes on the 13 reasons why she did it. She left the tapes to a trusted friends and the people she mentioned in the tapes took turns listening to them.

The story exposes the twists and turns of high school life - bullying, friendships, popular kids, jocks, parties and even rape. The story was crafted very beautifully, alternating present day and flashbacks. The ending was quite a cliff hanger, with the viewer wanting to know more.

Get your subscription to Netflix now and I really recommend watching the series. I really assume that there will be season 2 soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment